"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Did anyone go out of their comfort zone today? You have to my friends, or you'll grow stale.

It's hard to know exactly where to start this Blog.

I could start at the beginning of my life some fifty years ago, but why. It may come out eventually in time and if it doesn't - was it that important anyway? Let it suffice it to say, I've been through quite a bit in my fifty years and I've been hurt, lots. So I can sympathize and be empathic with just about anyone.

I have chosen and embraced the fact that I don't want to end up my life a bitter old woman with a chip on my shoulder. So I try to look at things through laughter. The glass half empty vs. half full. I know it's healthier that way. Don't get me wrong, I don't always succeed at it. I'm also into self-growth, feeling, and experiencing as much life as I can, and no, I don't always succeed at that either, but, I do try.

I think my biggest problem to date is that I let others stop me from doing or being the person I want to be. I'm learning how to say no and go on - but it's tough for me. I wonder at times if some of the people around me try to sabotage my happiness, because if they are unhappy, they want me to be unhappy too. Misery loves company.

My goal is to stay healthy, happy, passionate, and loving. Sometimes you just have to learn to stay away from toxic people - especially when their venom starts to come out. I try to remove myself. Harder to do than to say.

So to start the Blog, I'd like to start with something I believe is part of positive living.

Did anyone go outside their comfort zone today? Did anyone force themselves to face something difficult for themselves? Little steps or big steps, it doesn't really matter. What matters is the spirit, the soul. How does that go, to go a thousand miles, it begins with one step?

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm not much of a public speaker. I'm not in my comfort zone being out in a group running things. I'm much better as an observer of life. Today, I gave a wedding shower for my friend's daughter. Twenty five people. We had it at a Tea Room. I wore a big red hat - way out of my comfort zone and had to mix, mingle, run the shower, take pictures and have pictures taken of me. I had to assign tasks to others (leadership) and I had to give a toast (public speaking)! I only knew four people. I was somewhat anxious, but I did it and I had a good time. People thanked me and said what a nice time they had. It was because I believed in myself and made up my mind ahead of time that I could do this.

One step for Chatty, one step for her psyche.

Love, Chatty

No comments: