"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, November 13, 2006



True or false? The purpose of life is not to be happy.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all.
-Arthur H. Prince

I read that the other day and I feel kind of funny about this statement.

I don't know if the only prupose of life is to be happy, but I feel God does want us to be happy.

Mattering can feel good.

Being productive is great, but it's not the only goal either.

Making a difference in life is nice too.

I just try not to get hooked on one idea or one thing.

Personally I really feel life is a blend. Moderation being the key. A little joy, a little sadness, a little love, a little anger. A little keeping busy and a little relaxing. If you are always doing one thing or you only have one goal, I think it's a way to 'cop out' on life/living. I don't feel one is living to their potential when there's no variety. Just my irregular way of thinking, but I think life needs to be much more than that. It's not about just you mattering and you being happy and you making a difference. It's about us - together.

Live my friends,
A 'little cracked' Chatty Crone

No comments: