"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Friday, November 24, 2006


When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.-Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief
I think of so many things I am thankful for. I write them down every day as a discipline. Yet it doesn't always make my life feel perfect, better yes, on the right track, yes. However sometimes I let external things bother me. It makes me so mad at myself. For even though when my heart is happy, my outward self may appear not to be happy.
I'm thankful for dreams, they can be such nice escapes and little mini vacations. My little place to escape these days is Italy. Tuscany particularly. The movie 'Under the Tuscan Sun' was good, but nothing like the book. There was no love affair in the book. It was more of a biography from beginning to end on buying a house there and how they fixed it up. It even gave recipes. It talked about the small markets there, how the days were hot, but the nights were cool. Oh it sounded so wonderful. I could spend my mind there today.
However, it is black Friday and I am going to about the opposite place. The mall!
Pray for me.
Chatty
PS There are two places on a computer to change security settings on the computer. It just took me a week to figure it out. I am thankful, I am thankful......

No comments: