"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

As we learn to walk by falling down, so we learn to be awake by groping in the dark. When there is no support, no brightness to keep us on our toes, when we are on our own -- that is when we learn to be awake, not because it is day, but because we are awake.

Deep huh? When it is the darkest, that is when we learn the most, and it's probably the time we reach out to God and friends more...

It's a day I need to give myself a little positive kick in the butt. It was raining this morning and and my grandson was home sick today. I'm the babysitter It was a long, long, long and lonely day.

Monday and Tuesday there was no school - President's day and teacher's workday. Yesterday I took him to meet my niece and her kids at Chuck E Cheese. Now mind you, he never mentioned he wasn't feeling well yesterday - we got out of the car, went into Chuck E Cheese and while we were in the lobby, right before we go in to the actual restaurant, he throws up - everywhere.

Need I say more?

Then I have a cleaning lady/young woman - once a month to help me deep clean - the floors and stuff like that because I've had a hip replacement and it's medical (lol) for me. Anyway the last few months things have been missing. First it was my daugther's hair product, now if you saw my daughter's room, you wouldn't be so worried. Next month it was my hair product. I'm pretty organized but I still didn't think to much about it. The next month my medicine was missing. Last month $90. I still didn't believe she took it. Today I set a trap and put $50 in the same place and she came in and I came down 15 minutes later and it was gone!

I had to fire her and it broke my heart. I hate to do stuff like that. I hate that she did it. I hurt for her.

So I'm hurting a little bit tonight. I'm going to take a deep breath myself tonight. Just tuck in and give myself a little time to heal. Joy cometh in the morning.

Love,
Chatty

No comments: