"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

How to make yourself beautiful - beauty tips from Audrey Hepburn.

http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/beauty-tips.php

Have a beautiful day.

Hey, I forgot something. I went to McDonald's yesterday for a cup a coffee. It was a different McDonald's then I usually go to because I was going to an appointment downtown. This one was near a homeless shelter we have here. As I pulled though, I saw two men standing near the door and they looked homeless to me. I got my coffee and my courage to go around again and I gave them the change from my ten. I asked them if they wanted to something to eat. One man walked over to me and of course said yes and thank you. He also asked me if I had any work to do, anything at all - he'd even rake my yard. I wanted to say yes, but I said no.

I felt bad and guilty. I was busy and in a hurry. Afraid. Unsure of how to do it and so forth. Honestly, it still bothers me, but it also made me think about how thankful I am for my home. These poor guys, you knew they were homeless just by how they looked. Their face was wrinkled with lines going up and down over their whole face and their hands looked so cold and thick.

Anyway, it was funny, because he gave me a gift too, he looked deep, right into my eyes and he saw me. At times there are people and when you talk to them - they don't see or hear you. You wonder if you've been seen or heard, but this man saw and heard me and acknowledged me.

A bittersweet moment.

Love,
Chatty

No comments: