"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bring on the rain...
Artist/Band: Messina Jo Dee
Lyrics for Song: Bring On The Rain
(Jo Dee Messina with Tim McGraw)
Lyrics for Album: Burn
Another day has almost come and gone
Can’t imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes I’d like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war
(‘cause)Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain
It’s almost like the hard times circle ‘round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I’m not dead
Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain
I’m not gonna let it get me down
I’m not gonna cry
And I’m not gonna lose any sleep tonight
No, it's not raining here in Georgia, although it will be in a couple of days, but this song doesn't really mean actual rain.
When I hear it I feel it is about life and hard times. Bring it on she says, she's ready for it. She's not afraid. Bring it on...........
So to me, it's a song of empowerment.
Be empowered, you can handle the rain or whatever comes your way.
Chatty Crone

No comments: