"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY STARTS
And
"Who Says You Can’t Go Home" (Bon Jovi and Sugarland)
Okay, my song for the week is not exactly new, but not old either. When I hear it on the radio, if I'm alone or at home, I crank the volume up as loud as I can take it. Then I feel it. I love the words to it, but the beat does something for me. It stirs up my passion. It makes me feel strong. See, yet another thing you can do to fill your vessel with joy - music. If you had told me two years ago I would LOVE country music, I'd laugh at you. Never say never...
Feeling passion, thinking about going home fills good and it fills you up.
More thoughts from "Women Who Run With The Wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes:

"Being overdrawn is one of the biggest ways to make you pale and dulling of one’s most acute instincts. It is the lack of further deposits of energy, knowledge, acknowledgment, ideas, and excitement that cause a woman to feel she is physically dying."

"Listen to the choice that tells you it is time to go home."

"Most depression and confusion is from a restricted soul life. Dried out.. Burned out."

"They are many ways to return to home. Books - poems - rivers - creeks - steams - light - children - loved ones - a friend - swinging - knitting - peeling - music - sunrise - praying - bridges - holding a baby - sitting under a tree - dry hair in the sun -beholding beauty - oceans - touching beauty = all ways to return to that home feeling of safety I suppose."

"You can’t fix everything in life, you need to go home and fix your bearings sometimes. You need some time alone and to be free."

"You'll know when it’s time and when it’s time, it’s time. If you don’t you’ll crack. We can visit home but we cannot stay, but we do come back infused with new animation."

"Sad moment to be placed back on the shore and on our own once again, bittersweet, refreshed but wistful."

"In the morning we need to kneel and converse with our soul. We must temporarily leave the world and inhabit a state of aloneness or conversely wholeness."
Friends, sometimes we need to go home - whatever home may be to us - we get filled up and then we have to go back to the real world of living again.
Who says you can't go home - even for a little while here on earth?
My ultimate home in the end, will be Heaven.
Chatty

No comments: