"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, April 04, 2007



Well, I'm remembering yet another death and birth today in my family.

Ten years ago today, my brother passed away at 51. He was eight years old than I was, now I'm three years older than him. I can't believe how much time has passed. All the things he has missed that have happened. I know his family still misses him dearly.

Vince Gill Song - Go Rest High On The Mountain
I know your life on earth was troubled
And only you could know the pain
Youweren't afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain
(Chorus) Go rest high on that mountain
Son, your work on earth is done
Go to heaven ashoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son
Oh, how we cried the day you left us
We gathered 'round your grave to grieve
I wish I could see the angels' faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing
(Chorus) Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son.

Vince Gill lost his brother like I did and from what I hear, he had a troubled life as well. Kind of kindred spirits.
The wonderful thing God did do for us, is that my grandson's birthday is tomorrow, he'll be six. He was named after my brother. People come and people go. Life is always changing. Spring break is this week and everyone is home - it's been busy!

Love,
Chatty

No comments: