"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

MY WAGE
By Jessie Rittenhouse
I bargained with Life for a penny,
And life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store.

For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task,

I worked for a menial’s hire
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have willingly paid.
This is a poem from the book Think Rich and Grow. I've heard it many many times in life, but it wasn't until now that I understood it. Owned it if you will...
Love, Chatty

No comments: