"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, July 10, 2007


The giant oak is an acorn that held its ground. -Anonymous
I like that and I think that is inspirational.

This summer has been hard to really get to the nuts and bolts of life for me. I have three people home that I don't normally have home and it is hard to take that ten minute mind breaks yet a long to write and think for awhile.
I'm trying though.
Yesterday I had my yearly physically then we went to this place called White Water. The temperature was about 82, slightly overcast, with a nice breeze, and there were not that many people there. It was wonderful.
We niece came with her kids, and I had the nicest day so far this summer. It was so peaceful and so relaxing.
My grandson placed with his older cousin and he taught him not to be afraid of the water slides and by the end of it I was watching the two of them going down this slide over and over again.
There was no one around - the others were somewhere else - I was sitting with my feet in the water - with a cool breeze - hearing the rush of the water. That is going to be my Heaven I hope. I felt so good and so happy.
I watched my grandson go down afraid - he almost wouldn't do it. Then he went down. Scared. Then he went again and again and again.
By the end of it he was sailing down this slide with his face smiling towards me and he was on his stomach with his hands both out. The slide was his - he had mastered it (and later because of this confidence went to the other bigger slides later and concurred them).
He was a little acorn that held his grown and I just love to see him grow in a matter of a few minutes - because he wasn't afraid to try something new.
We can see beauty no matter how busy we are I realized, if we just stop and a take a look.
Love,
Chatty

No comments: