"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, July 04, 2007


Happy 4th Of July
It is one of the biggest blessings's we have. Freedom and Liberty.
I live in the south and I'm from the north. Now no one said this to me because I choose the south to live in. But many times I've heard some people say, well, in the north we did it this way or the south is such and such. I even have two friends from two other countries. Sometimes they frustrate me a bit because they are now Americans and sometimes they talk about how great their country was and how ours is failing in certain areas. One of my friends had to flee in the middle of the night with her children years ago given only a few hours notice. Her husband had to meet them years later. She never took a dime from the government and started babysiiting as soon as she got here and you should see what she has today. Only thing is - that she keeps telling me how wonderful her old country was, how well they are treataed, and how rich it is. Hummmmmm????
Sometimes, if I was more blunt, I'm not a real confrontative person I want to ask them why did you move to the south or why did you move here from your country. Now I love these friends, but sometimes I want them to be loyal to America. Maybe I should be more confrontative, I don't know.

I do know this is an awesome country and I feel God blessed me so much by allowing me to be born here and live no matter what troubles I have.
I also know this, when given so much, we are expected and held accountable to give back.
What are you doing for your country? What is it going to be like when we are gone and our children are here? Are we building it up or running it down?
I think that Liberty can go both ways. It's a blessing to be free, but when some people get too free then there are no values, anything goes.
Not everything goes. We have to keep our country great.
The first thing I see is this. We have the freedom to vote for anyone we want. That's liberty. Vote and then be quiet and support our leaders. All we do is send them hate. We tear them down. We look into their past. They are micro-looked. If there is one person out there that can be micro-looked at with no skeletons in their closet, let me know.
We are the best out there, let's keep it that way by BEING POSITIVE AND NOT NEGATIVE ABOUT OUR COUNRTY.
It's a choice too.

Isn't everything we do about choice.

Love ya,

Chatty









1 comment:

lizzie said...

Interesting post. Infact your site is interesting!