"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sometimes you have a rough day. I've had a rough start today myself. It's not so much that I did any one thing to have a rough day - but be with others who were having rough days and when it spills over to me. I get involved in trying to fix things and then the funniest thing will happen - they scream and yell and it get all out - that shakes me up - they are fine - and I'm the one hurt and angry.

So you see, I have my days too.

I'm going to deliberately calm myself down today by taking a few minutes meditating. I am going to take ten minutes for myself. I'm going to my special area of the house that I have created just for myself.

Did I tell you how important it is to have a place of your own for this? Decorated for yourself so that you can feel good there and feel peaceful? A place off limits to others? Everyone should have their own place.

Today I am going to concentrate on three great words. Simplicity, patience, and compassion. I try to meditate daily. Sometimes I think about certain things, a lot of times I pray. Just God and Chatty.

Anyway I am going to think about:

How I can you make my life more simple?

How I can be patient with both friends and enemies?

How can I be more compassionate to myself?

Breathe deeply in a deep long breathe and then let the breath out slowly. Off I go for my ten minutes.

Hopefully I'll experience a mini pick me up.

Love,

Chatty

No comments: