"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, August 15, 2007


Heard a new song just released by Rascal Flatts (can you tell I like country music?) called Take Me There. I know what struck me about it, I was wondering if any of you out there have similar feelings or situations like this?
Artist/Band: Rascal Flatts
Lyrics for Song: Take Me There
Lyrics for Album: Rascal Flatts - New Songs
There’s a place in your heart, nobody's been,
Take me there.
Things nobody knows, Not even your friends,
Take me there.
Tell me bout your momma, your daddy,
your hometown,
Show me around, I want see it all,
don't leave anything out
I want to know,
everything about you.
And I want to go,
down every road you've been.
Where your hopes and dreams, and wishes live,
Where you keep the rest of your life hid,
I want to know the girl behind that pretty stare,
Take me there.
Your first real kiss, your first true love,
Were you were scared?
Show me where, You learned about life,
spent your summer nights, without a care.
I want to roll down main street, the back roads,
Like when you were a kid,
What made you who you are,
Tell me what your story is.
I want to know, everything about you.
And I want to go,
down every road you've been.
Where your hopes and dreams, and wishes live,
Where you keep the rest of your life hid,
I want to know the girl behind that pretty stare
Take me there.
I want to know,
everything about you.
Yeah, everything about you baby.
I want to go,
down every road you've been.
Where your hopes and dreams and wishes live,
Where you keep the rest of Your life hid,
I want to know the girl behind that pretty stare.
Take me, take me, take me there.
Take me there.
Well, as I read the words, they seem a little obsessive here. When you hear the song, it doesn't come over that way. I guess they mean it as a love song.
I was just thinking of kindred spirits - good friends. Does everyone have kindred spirits? Or is it just for the lucky ones? (I think having a kindred spirit is lucky).
I mean we have spouses, family, friends - but are these people kindred spirits?
What is a kindred spirit?
Is there another person out there so much like you - that thinks like you think - feels what you feel? A unique connectedness?
There are different levels of relationships. People we avoid looking at (like in the elevator). People we nod too (like when we are walking). People we see like at church. Our friends. Co-workers. Then there are long friendships. School friends. Family ties. Marriage partners.
Of course how close they are too you is something to think about too - are they people who make you feel good and you want them closer to you or are they toxic people you want farther away or out of your life completely?
Do you think there are people out there whose essence or soul matches? Is there someone out there that you can tell anything too? Feel totally safe?
Or is it a fantasy? A dream? A wish? A hope?
Love your thoughts,
Chatty

No comments: