"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My song for the week is good old Trace trying to feel something. Now I know the people who sing the song usually (although they do sometimes) write the song. However, they do pick songs they relate to on some level. SO both the writer and the singer need to feel something.
Isn't that one thing life's about? Are there people who feel the opposite out there and want to feel nothing? What brings them to that point or are we born with a certain inherent personality?
Artist/Band: Adkins Trace
Lyrics for Song: I Wanna Feel Something
Lyrics for Album: Dangerous Man
If you re tellin me I'm not on fire
You're just preachin to the choir
I've gotten dull as old barbed wire from livin
Last night I watched the evening news
It was the same ol nothin new
It should have cut me right in two
But it didn't
I don't know why it didn't
But I wanna feel somethin
Somethin that's a real
somethin That moves me,
that proves to me I'm still alive
I wanna heart that beats and bleeds
A heart that's bustin at the seams
I wanna care, I wanna cry,
I wanna scream
I just wanna feel somethin
If you're tellin me that's just how it is
I don't buy it cause once I was kissed
By a red-headed girl with cherry lips
On her porch when I was sixteen
And I felt it somewhere in my soul
and time stood still
and I couldn't let go
I can't tell you cause I don't know
how I got so cold
When did I get so cold
Chorus:
I just wanna feel somethin
Somethin that's a real somethin
That moves me,
that proves to me I'm still alive
Run my fingers through your fingers,
across your face and through your hair
And close my eyes and breathe you in like air
I just wanna feel somethin
I hate that I'm jaded
and I make you cry
But still you stick around me,
only God knows why
Damn it all to hell,
I'm done
Cause I don't like what Ive become
So come here, baby
Come here, baby
(Repeat Chorus)
Come here, baby

No comments: