"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, October 15, 2007

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends,
It gives a lovely light!" ~ Edna St. Vincent Millay

So the thought for the day is: You might burn out - but ah, what a trip.

So what do you think? I don't think anyone can stay in this state perpetually, but once in awhile isn't it a great feeling?

Seriously though, this is my interpretation. I don't know what Edna really meant.

This triggered a funny memory for me - once my daughter and I (I helped her with her homework) read a poem by Emily Dickinson. We/she was to write what it meant.

Anyway we talked about it and talked and talked about what it meant, she wrote it down and turned it in.

We got an F!

Now maybe it wasn't that good, but did the teacher know for sure Emily didn't feel the way we said?

Maybe we were just too deep thinkers, I don't rally know. It was funny back then and it's kind of funny to think about now. We laughed so hard and still do today!

I mean every body is so different. We feel different we interpret differently. No matter how close someone is you never see out of the same eyes.

Here's to be different.

Love,
Chatty

No comments: