"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Yesterday, after writing my Blog, I received this from Daily Celebrations.

(God always talks to me in ways that still astound me.)

"Take care of today. Tomorrow comes and it's today." ~ Stevie Ray Vaughan

Blues guitar hero Stevie Ray Vaughan (1954-1990) finished the last gig of his life with a vibrant all-star jam of Sweet Home Chicago with Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, and brother Jimmie onstage in Wisconsin.

After the show, he headed for Chicago in a helicopter that crashed in dense fog shortly after takeoff. The world lost a musician who played his Fender Stratocaster with unmatched passionate abandon and beautiful reverence.

"Sometimes in trying to find things, I'd just stick my hand on the neck. Sometimes it's a surprise and sometimes it becomes what I wanted to hear," he explained. "I visualize... As a result, some of my favorite things to play started as mistakes

Hey, it's all right. Take Care of Today.

It's alright - if you just take it one day at a time. I took the day off and played some more!

Love,
Chatty

No comments: