"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My mother always said there is a song about everything. I have found that to be true. There IS a song about everything. This matches perfectly what I was talking about yesterday.
Artist/Band: Lonestar
Lyrics for Song: Mountains
Lyrics for Album: Mountains

Lucinda Jones workin' at the IHOP:
Ten years worth of bacon, eggs an' tears
She's waited on every creed an' color,
While waitin' on this day to get here Graveyard shifts,
two big tips, Makin' every quarter count,
Was worth it all to see her son,
In that cap an' gown
There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easier when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb
Bobby, Bobby Dunn came back from the war,
Lost his leg but they couldn't take his will
Hell bent to run in that local marathon,
He trained through the endless pain an' pills
It hurt so bad that sometimes,
He just had to cry,
He didn't stop until he crossed,
That finish line

There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easier when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb
This world ain't fair,
It can knock you on your butt
You can just lie there,
Or you can get back up
You gotta get back up

There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easier when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
(The good Lord gave us mountains)
So we could learn how to climb Yeah

Lonestar is changing. The head singer, Ritchie went out on his own and a new singer has just taken his place.

I feel that Lonestar's songs advocate women. Has anyone noticed that? They make women heroes. They seem to understand us women. Hope the new group is good.
Love,
Chatty
'Change In The Wind' wrote me a comment on my Blog yesterday that I liked. She was talking about my statement feeling that at times I think there's no one out there like me. She's felt that way too.
She said "It is a little scary at times because it can mean either you are unique or downright strange. I choose to believe I am unique."
It's true when you feel that no one else it like you - you have to check yourself out! You have too. Well, I have done that so many times I've lost count!
So I'm going to consider myself unique too. :)

No comments: