"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, November 12, 2007

The theme for this week through quotes, songs, meditation and prayer - is the idea that no matter where you are in life - good or bad - you can learn from it. I guess that is really the central theme of my Blog come to think of it. Part of this type of growing is always trying to seek the truth, even if it hurts!

If life gives you lemons, then add some sugar and water and make delicious lemonade.

I believe most people think that it is better to be a place of no suffering or pain.

To tell you the truth - I'd like to live in a perfect world myself. I will some day, but now I have to deal with life in the here and now, and that life, is not perfect.

Perfection doesn't really happen here does it? Maybe some people seem luckier than others. Some people are more together than others. Some people are more grown up than others.

For me, in my own life, I seem to experience 'real pain' every so often. Maybe even more often that I'd like.

I've talked about how pain makes you stronger and grow. I've done a lot of thinking about this subject.

"In seeking truth you have to get both sides of the story." ~ Walter Cronkite "~ I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game of life everything he's got." "We must be given the facts so we can make our own judgments, and these facts should not be colored by people's personal opinions," he said.

Seek THE truth. Love, Chatty

1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

Hi Chatty, I know you like to read so wanted to share a book I just finished reading and enjoyed. "Chosen by a horse" by Susan Richards. It is such a good book, think you would enjoy it. It is filled with all the sides of life, pain, laughter, surprise, joy, tears and peace.