"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Sunday, my grandson is so excited he can barely stand it. I think that is one of the best parts of Christmas is seeing it through his eyes. Our eyes get older sometimes and we lose the excitement.

We invited two people over for Christmas to be with us. Two people we thought would be alone for Christmas, but it's ended up they're not going to be alone after all - which is a good thing.

Anyway one person was a young man of 33 physically, but mentally much lower. I was a teacher to him about 15 years ago (I'm gasping now). He is mentally handicap. He has a half brother who is 18. The sad thing is that his mother died this year at 54 from cancer. I saw him at the store and we talked and I found all this out. He said his mom read to him every Christmas and that this year he'd have to try to read the story to himself and that he was going to be alone this Christmas. That he and his brother lived together.

Gosh, my heart broke and I did question why God allowed this. Guess I'll find out in a few years, but it doesn't make much sense now. I pray too for his brother who has the awesome responsibility for him.

We talked about it and my grandson said we should ask him over and then we could read him the story. We did, but ended up he had plans after all - which I'm happy for him. Must be tough though, don't you think?

My grandson said, "No one should be alone for Christmas." I believe he has the best gift of all. Love and innocence. He met this young man at the store and noticed nothing different about him. In fat he doesn't EVER see the differences in people that I do.

I guess that is why God likes children so much. Their faith and innocence. We should all try to be like children again.

http://www.asilentnightmovie.com/

Love,
Chatty

2 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Thank you for sharing the true Christmas story...caring more about others than yourself.
The song and video was beautiful:)
Merry Christmas to you and yours...

Icewind said...

Merry Christmas,

I have one of my co workers who's wife left him with their five kids last Wednesday and headed to parts unknown. He is totally broken up by all that is happening right now. He was my secret Santa this year as we had bought all of the kids presents to help him out. The hard part was trying to figure out how to get them in his rig but he didn't come in the rest of the week so I will take them by and drop them on his doorstep tomorrow night. He lives about an hour and a half away so it should be great in the snow and the full moon. Hopefully the lights will be out as well.

PS. Congrats on the new contract for R.C. hope all goes well.


Do Dah