"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, December 02, 2007


"Lovers don't just meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along."


Is that true?
I saw this quote recently and I fell in love with it being the romantic I am, but then I got to thinking about it.
I'm so puzzled about love. What is love?
I find the hardest thing about love is what you can talk about and share and what you can't. Is love being able to share ALL your feelings?
I know you can say all the positive and uplifting things you want to someone you love, but say you have something that bothers you - should you keep it inside your self? If you want to tell them should or could it be accepted without anger?
No, I don't think you can.
Can you tell this feeling to a good friend?

Yes, you can.
Why can you tell it to a friend, yet you can't tell it to the one your supposed to love?
I used to think that being in love meant that you could share your feelings no matter what they were. I don't think that is true anymore. So can one be in love with someone that can't share with - totally? Are you really in each other all along like the quote said? I mean how can you share your joyous of joys to someone who you can't share your feelings with about what you're bothered and hurt by too?
And what about you're friends? Why can you tell them something you can't tell the person you love?
Guess you don't want to hurt the person you love. Which is good. But it also puts a little distance between you and the one you love. It almost feels like at times friends are closer - that they are the ones in your heart sometimes.
Chatty

1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

Chatty, for me, love is acceptance...good or bad, positive or negative, in sickness or in health and etc.