"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, January 08, 2008


I love the word bittersweet. It means a blessing and a sorrow both in the same experience.

Think of the word sorrow:
It conotates sadness. And it's true ~ sorrow is sadness. But joy comes in the morning. Later on the sorrow, if you let it, will turn into something good. If I didn't believe that sometimes ~ it would be so much harder . . .
"I discovered that sorrow was not to be feared but rather endured with hope and expectancy that God would use it to bless my life." -Jill Briscoe
Maybe you could see the picture for example and think of my gosh, how terrible or you could see it as well at least no one got hurt. Then maybe you'd think how lucky you were and how you appreciate life more.
Just a thought and something I have to work on myself.
Love,
Chatty

No comments: