"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, February 13, 2008



Bon Jovi and Ducks -


A friend of mine has brought to my attention an idea about ducks. You know how they don't get their back wet when they swim? Their feathers are tight and I think their is an oil on their skin that protects them too - they don't get their feathers wet and ruffled. There's a saying - just let it roll off you like a duck's a--.


I think they told me this because I let others close to me, get to me sometimes and I've had to get like that. I think it's good. You have a lot less stress that way. But then ole Chatty has to think - if their back is dry, what about their underside? What is happening to that area?


I thought to myself, they are paddling like heck - working darn hard - to stay a float. It must get tiring if you know what I mean. And today my feet are having a hard time paddling and my feathers are ruffling.


Sensory Processing Disorder can be a BEAR to live with. Not only for my grandson, but the care takers. He just has the toughest time starting the day. He fights everything he 's supposed to do. Teeth, medicine, getting dressed, eating breakfasat, anything and everything. It takes him an hour to get ready to go to school. One has to have the patience of a saint. I have patience, but I'm no saint.


The other issue besides me having to pull out every ounce of patience I have every single day, I have another person in the house, that shall remain nameless, who can be 100 times worse than my grandson! So not only do I wake up at 5:30 so I can get ready for the day before my grandson wakes up, help get the uncompliant, but loving lad ready for school, take him to school and walk him in, I have another 'child' I have to put up with. And somedays it gets rough.


Sory for venting, most days I'm like a duck, this week is hard, I think I'm more tired for some reason - busy week from a busy weekend- and I'm not on top of my game.


Anyway I feel angry and rebellious today and this song is for that reason. Why it is that everyone knows better than I do how to run my life? It's my life . . . see the next Blog.

Venting,


Chatty

1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

You have every right to vent......sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't but it is okay either way. Hope tomorrow is a BETTER day:)