"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, February 16, 2008


Do your part to support peace instead of war, love instead of hate, and sanity instead of madness. What about that for a thougt or meditation for today?

Love,
Chatty

I think I met met my future son-in-law last night. We ate dinner at
Buca di Beppo's for my daughter's 30th birthday. My daughter has an ex-husband, not so great, and a son who is wonderful so this second man had better be really special. They have been dating for about six months now - and I can tell they are close.

My daughter has never let her son meet any one before to protect him from getting attached, but this is the second time he's met him. My grandson loves him already - which is good and bad (if they break up). I can feel the chemestry between the two of them is close. You can tell when someone feels that close to someone, well, it's a good thing. Plus he seems to really like my grandson. I think this guy is real.

My verdict, and I am picky picky picky did I say picky (?) is that I really liked him too. A lot. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy for them. If my daughter and grandson have to leave home, then they better darn well be going to a better place.

Of course this will be a huge heartbreak and loss for me as I've had them here seven years now. I've raised him like he was my own and he is incredible special to me. BUT leaving the nest is the right thing to do, she deserves her chance at love. AND I know (?) it's best for all our growths and it will make the future go the way it should. Ahhh another loss, but I'll handle it because what choice do I have and I will grow and learn through it. Of course, I pray they stay here in Georgia, but if not, well I'll handle that and worry about that then. Now, I'll just be happy for them and start telling myself I can let go and that it's okay and a good thing.


1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

Chatty, your post brought back so many memories. Like you my daughter and grandson lived with us from birth to 4 yrs. old and then she married and they moved out of state. My heart was completely broken but from the ashes came a much better marriage so hold on tight...when one door closes another one opens.