"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, February 25, 2008

Welcome To Where Ever You Are
Bon Jovi
Some thoughts and songs for the week - it's my birthday week and I am just going to rejoice with it. 55. My grandson said it wasn't fair - he only got to celebrate one day (which wasn't true, but he's only 6). I told him that it was okay, if he wanted to celebrate a week long this April - he'll be 7 - he could do it too. I'm not afraid of aging or dying. It doesn't thrill me, but it is a part of life.
I'm concerned more if I have the time left to do all I want to do. I have so many dreams, desires, wants, goals, left to fulfill. I put them on hold for a long time for many reasons - marriage, raising kids, taking care of ageing parents, and just when I thought I might have time to find myself, my daughter got a divorce and came home with my grandson (which I do not regret). I had to put it on hold another 7 years. I don't want to appear to be selfish, but there are things I want to do - for myself. Does anyone else feel that way at all?


"The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach." – Benjamin Mays (from my friend JS) Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

""Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others." ~ Danny Thomas ~ In 1962, he founded St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee to help find cures for children's cancer and other catastrophic illnesses. Thomas insisted that knowledge gained from the cutting-edge research facility would be "freely shared with the rest of the world" and that "no child would be refused treatment based on an inability to pay."St. Jude has helped over 20,000 children from over 60 foreign countries. " Daily Celebrations

Danny sure did something with his life - I liked Danny Thomas, I liked his 'Make Room For Daddy Show', and I LOVE the St. Jude facility. I give to it regularly and pray none of my kids ever need it and thank God they don't! Now that's something wonderful he did with his life.

I wonder at times if I have done anything to serve to humanity? Maybe this is a mid-life question.

Anyway - let's all celebrate life - feelings (knowing that sadness is on the same coin as happiness - just the reverse side) - and it doesn't have to be your 'birthday' it can be your 'birth' day. Get it?

Happy 'birth' day to you and welcome.

Chatty

No comments: