"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Choices

One evening a Cherokee elder told his grandson about the battle that goes on inside people. He said, " My son, the battle is between the two 'wolves' that live inside us all.

One is Unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self-pity, resentment, and inferiority.

The other is Happiness. It is joy, love, hope, serenity, kindness, generosity, truth, and compassion."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Here is a challenge for all of us, watch your thoughts today, make a conscience effort to see which wolf you 'feed' every day.

Then make your choice. Happiness or Unhappiness.

For me, I feel life is short, I want to live it to the fullest. and I want to choose to be happy. I'm choosing happiness - what do you choice?

Chatty

No comments: