"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Secret in Chatty's Chat today ~
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. -Chinese Proverb

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark." – Henri Frederic Amiel

It is the most beautiful day here in Atlanta. We have clear blue skies. A bit brisk this morning, in the 60's and all you need is a light jacket (that is the only type jacket ever needed here for me). It'll warm up to 69 degrees today - absolutely perfect. All the trees and flowers are in full bloom. It is impossible to feel anything today but total joy, if you have your eyes wide open.

I get up early to get ready before my grandson wakes at 6. When he wakes up my attention is on him and by 7 we're out the door for school. He loves me to drive him and I enjoy too. Gets you up and out. We park far away from the school and his room is the farthest back. This school has 1000 students - there are 8 first grades! You'd think it would be a zoo. It's the greatest school. Every grade has it's own section. Anyway, his section is the farthest away so we have a nice 10 minute walk. Some days when I can feel his senses are out of whack I tell him to walk hard and and try to push his feet into the ground (in his mind) and that settles him. Feeling the earth and grounding oneself is helpful - kind of centers you.

So we get in school and I'm talking to his teacher about a surprise project we are making for her and arranging a time and a date. I start to leave and one little boy walks in and throws up! His teacher is so awesome. She handled it so sweetly. Kudos to her and other teachers - my daughter included. A good teacher is worth it's weight in gold for your child.

Well, you gotta love kids and you always have to expect surprises! I'm going to tell my grandson on the way home to tell himself - I am well and I will stay well! (His birthday party is Saturday!)

My little grandson is a flint for passion. We did his spring garden yesterday. I said, maybe you're getting to old for this and this is silly. He said, "Grandma, everyone needs a garden and you never get too old for a garden." I love this guy! He knows the secret to life already.

'Unblest is he who thinks himself unblest."-Seneca

I say blessed is he/she who thinks himself/herself blessed.

Chatty



No comments: