"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, April 13, 2008


Spring time in Atlanta is not a season, it is a blessing. - (Chatty's mother)

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting system though which God speaks to us every hour; if we still only tune in. -George Washington Carver

Okay Georgia is home to the Masters. Now I don't watch a lot of TV and even less sports, but I do watch a little bit of the Masters in Augusta. If you watch it and see the scenery around the golf course - it's real! I'm subjected to this beauty every spring! This is the best weather of all year - 60 and 70's with a nice breeze and sun. Now today ought to be extremely interesting as it is extremely windy - in Augusta as well.

My son went to medical school in Augusta and their spring break was always the week of the Masters. They'd usually come home or go to Florida for spring break because Augusta was so crowded. The traffic was horrendous. If I remember correctly one year my son went to the masters with his roommate. I assume he was given the tickets from one of the doctors in the area that lived there. I'll have to ask him about that.

My husband is into the Masters and told me that of all the men that played there only two are members - Jack Nicholson and Arnold Palmer. I find that strange. So who's a member? He said people with old money. Whose that?

It's funny, every time I watch Tiger Woods golf and watch his reactions and actions I see something in his mannerisms and personality that reminds me of my own son.

Now Randy Pausch (a professor dying from pancreatic cancer whose been on the news everywhere) has shared his view on life - "Always have fun!"

Hope you're having some fun today. We are just finishing up taxes, we have NEVER been this late before. So I'm going to finish up my part, and then go find some fun in the sun today too.

Chatty

I have been working on the look of my Blog for a long, long time. I think I have it where I want it now. It feels like me. So check it out!

No comments: