"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, April 05, 2008


Why did I pick a crazy song like Dancing In The Dark by Bruce Springsteen to write about? Well it has absolutely nothing to do with anything yet it has to do with everything, (See the next Blog).

My mind thinks weird - (I've mentioned that before.) Music moves my soul - (I've mentioned that before too.) So this is what I think. My girlfriend sent me a quote from Bruce Springsteen this morning and I've always liked him, especially this song.

I'm thinking it's easy to dance when the sun is out and there is light all around you. You have faith and confidence. But you still need to be able to dance when it is dark. Just because something bad happens, you can't quit dancing - even if it's in the darkest period of your life. You have to have faith in tomorrow. The sun will come up tomorrow (unless you're in Alaska - then sometimes it won't, but you get my meaning-right?)

I'm still confused about what's been happening here. What to do. I'm being pressured to help get my nephew. I'm having to stand up against my nephew, his mom, and my niece. Of course my family supports me, but ultimately it's me who has to say no. I've been called every hour on the hour for the last few days. It feels overwhelming and draining. It's hard to do the best thing for someone - when it's not the popular consensus.

But does that mean I have to give up dancing? No, I can still dance in the dark as long as I have a spark of flame.

Chatty
PS I forgot to add. Today is my grandson's birthday. He was named after my brother. We had yet another party!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandson and a big Hurrah for you! I think maybe I would take the phone off the hook:)