"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, June 26, 2008


"I have accepted fear as a part of life,
specifically the fear of change,
the fear of the unknown.
I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says:
Turn back, turn back; you'll die if you venture too far."
This quote by Erica Jong.
I like the one by Eleanor Roosevelt too -
"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
We have fears of all sorts. Some big ones, some little ones. Start with the little ones and see what you can do. It is a growth experience. I am on the shy side. I HATE public speaking.
I signed up to help the cub scouts run a camp this summer and to run their Night at the Zoo in March. Well, with the Night With the Zoo, I'll have to get up monthly and talk about what, when, where, how, etc - doesn't sound so big to you - not your fear? Well, it's huge to me. Hope I don't pass out! Well, one fall, I mean step at a time. (Lol)

Chatty

1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

Chatty, I am so proud of you!!!! Now that is an attitude worth documenting......You are going to do great, just take lots of slow breaths.