"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, August 07, 2008


Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses." – Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

Sometimes - out of the ashes of pain - we can find the joy - but you gotta look for it!

I went to water my yard yesterday - not my favorite project, but I do it none the less. The watering has to be done by hand and you get 30 minutes between midnight and ten in the morning and I was running a tad bit late.

As I was getting the hose out I found a little baby turtle! He was so cute. He was brown with three yellow spots on his back. I put him in a box to show my grandson later. He was a real mover! I put water in the box for him. My grandson loved it and told me that turtles live to be 151 (?) years old. He knows it all. He also pointed out that the head of it was boxed and that it was a snapping turtle - which I believe he is right. We were both torn if we should keep it or set it free. We set him free right where I found him. "His mommy might be looking for him."

I would have missed both the turtle and my grandson's love had I not been looking!

Look and you will find beauty in this world of ours. Simple beauty, maybe, but beauty.

Chatty

No comments: