"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday's Theories

Dreams

This is a question I go back and forth with - dreams - are they good or are they bad?

The answer is they are probably both. When does a dream change from good to bad and when does a dream change from bad to good? Does it change?

Why do people dream? Do some people dream to get away from reality? Do some people dream to enhance their reality? Again, both are probably true.

Do people dream to move ahead with their life? Or do people (day)dream to avoid moving on?

What if one person has a dream and the person or people they're connected with, don't have that same dream? What if the person you're connected with or friends with or even family members - what if every one's dream is different? How does that work as a unit?

What if your dream involves another - what if they don't have the same dream? You can't make them live your dream. You'd have to let go of your dream. You'd have to change it or tweak it.

What about the timing of dreams coming true?

Maybe we should stop dreaming and just be in the here and now. . . who knows.

I read this in the paper yesterday, it was a vent - but it's good: "Retirement is like getting out of prison after surviving a 40-year sentence: so much to do, so little time."

Don't you feel that sometimes? You just get the kids raised, your house paid, all the responsibilities done - then you look around, you sort of 'wake up', and realize hey, there's not a whole lot of time left! I have so much yet I want to do. I need to live now (is that a mid-life crisis?). I don't know about you, but I don't want waste the time I have left. I don't want to waste it with negative things. I'm a middle aged hippie. Love, not war.

I have many dreams, but one of my fun 'dreams' is to have a celebration of life. I want to take a brief period of time and do something totally different. I don't want to look back 20 years from now and say - gee I wish I had done that. The time to celebrate life and friends is now.

My dream:

I'd like to find a villa in Italy or Greece for the summer - from mid-June to mid-August. I need to find someone who would rent me their house. It would be great if it had a pool. Some shade trees are a must - possibly some vineyards (well it is my dream - right?). It'll be near transportation so I can visit other cities in Europe if I choose to do that.

I'd invite my closest friends to come. They can come and go any time within those 8 weeks. It'll be a party - a festival.

And yes, Italy and Greece are both hot that time of year, but this summer, will be just a bit cooler - with a nice steady breeze all summer long. Oh yeah, I'd like to stay in a coastal city, by the water. Vico Equense would be great. Right overlooking the crystal blue water - in or near the mountains.

I only want serious people there - serious about celebrating life - serious about being able to laugh - serious about feeling.

The joys - the laughter - the smells - the sites - the pain - the tears - the tastes - the people - the love - the music - you know what I mean? Feeling people. If you don't like that sort of thing, then I doubt if you'd have much fun at this celebration. You'd have to be able to just let yourself go and just be yourself. No expectations. No rules. No have to's. No should's. And no one has to take care of anyone, but themselves! We all would have to be responsible for our own things and our own selves! Maybe that is part of this new found freedom I'm looking for.

Just for 8 weeks mind you. Then back to reality. Of course, then we'd have our memories to dream about.

Anyone know of a place in Italy or even Greece that would be willing to rent their home to me for 8 weeks this summer? Seriously?

"And Charlie, don't forget about what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted… He lived happily ever after." ~ Roald Dahl

Chatty thinking and having fun and of course - dreaming . . . yakking again (Lol) . . .dancing. . . .


Dreams - anyone got one they'd like to share?

1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

You saved the best for last....the picture...so cute!