For 2017

"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Friday, November 14, 2008

Living Life In Color-Have nonsensical Fun-play games


November 14th - Winter, Atlanta Style
LESSON # 5 - HAVE NONSENSICAL FUN

(Keep your mind and life busy, but don't let busyness become an obsession).

Look for things to feel good about, and watch how everything in your life will unfold to reflect that good-feeling vibration. --Anonymous

The Broken Lawnmower:

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is usually the husband.
When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow, I always had something else to take care of first: the truck, the car, e-mail, and fishing, always something more important to me. Finally, she thought of a clever way to make her point.
When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house.
I was gone only a few minutes. When I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. 'When you finish cutting the grass,' I said, 'you might as well sweep the driveway.
The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

Sudoku Puzzles
http://www.realage.com/HealthyYOUCenter/Games/Intro.aspx?gameType=sudoku



Let's test our intellience-

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get cat gut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8) What color is a purple finch?

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

Remember, you need 4 correct answers to pass.

Check your answers below ..

ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years

2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador

3) From which animal do we get cat gut? Sheep and Horses

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Squirrel fur

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs

7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert

8) What color is a purple finch ? Crimson

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange (of course)

What do you mean, you failed? Me, too.

(And if you try to tell me you passed, you lie!)

Love,

Chatty

3 comments:

Maureen Lee said...

The joy you exhibit in your blog is contagious, and I love the quotes. This is wonderful food for the soul, and the quote from Rainer Maria Rilke about living the questions now has given me food for thought!

Preston said...

Your blog is great and I got every one of those questions wrong. What a sneaky survey. By the way, how do I follow your blog short of bookmarking it?

JeanMac said...

Chatty, you made my evening.