What if, for an entire month, you greeted everyone in your path?
Readers Digest - December 2008
11 things you can learn from one small change, by Joe Kita
1. It's not as easy as you think.
2. Friendliness is so rare nowadays, it's disarming.
3. It can boost productivity.
4. People you wouldn't acknowledge turn out to be the friendliest.
5. Respect begets respect.
6. Setting influences sociability.
7. Tinted windows should be banned.
8. You need to be careful around kids.
9. Reaching out focuses you.
10. It can save your marriage.
11. It's a form of universal health insurance.
What if we tried it for just one week - do you think it would change anyone - what about our self?
Funny thing is my grandson did this over the Thanksgiving week. He said hello to everyone he saw whenever we went out. At first we felt embarrassed (I think he was showing off a little and it actually backfired on him) and we wanted to stop him, but the people seemed so happy and returned his hello and smile. We then told him to try to give it away, but he couldn't!