"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, March 30, 2009

What limitations?


"I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times, but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers." ~ Helen Keller

Don't 'think' about limitations - focus on just the opposite - what we have and what we can do and who we are. Remember, we are 'worth it'! It's what and who we think we are, that's important - not how others define us.

Do not, do not, do not, let others define you. It's okay to define yourself. And you don't have to define yourself as perfect. And don't define others. You'll get disappointed.

For me personally, I need to think about all the good things I have, all the good friends, all the things I CAN do, my health, all the nice things I have, and all the good things in my life. I need to concentrate on those types of things and not what I don't have. I say I need to do this, because thinking like this keeps me positive and being positive keeps me happy. And I like to be happy.
Well, that's my Monday morning - beginning of the week - advise to myself.

Remember "Before we can make friends with anyone else, we must first make friends with ourselves. " Eleanor Roosevelt

The only limitations we have - are in our own mind.
Soar . . .

Chatty

4 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I also liked Mrs. Roosevelt's remark that "no one can make you feel inferior without your permission."

What's difficult, CC, is that while we are busy cultivating a good attitude, our society is busy telling us we are NOT good, we DON'T have enough, and that we OUGHT to change! It's like a poor mouse going up against an eagle!!!

But I've seen some pretty tough mice...

Chatty Crone said...

ODP,

Love your additional quotes by the way, you seem to understand.

Think too about this, it doesn't even have to be society that tells us we aren't good enough, it can be much from people much closer to us than that!

JeanMac said...

"a touching of yearning" what a woman, she was magnificent.

Unknown said...

I do not believe in limitations.
Every time I push the envelope a little bit my horizon becomes larger and larger - you just have to keep on pushing!
Here's a thought I picked up recently.
The best way to get read of an enemy is to make it your friend!
I am putting that one to test!