"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Went to a Garden Party - Ricky Nelson

TURN UP YOUR VOLUME, START DANCING and go back into time with me -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_exY9ptMbA&feature=email

An old man, a boy & a donkey were going to town. The boy rode on the donkey & the old man walked. As they went along they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking & the boy was riding.

The man & boy thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.

Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk."

They then decided they both would walk!

Soon they passed some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Now they passed some people that shamed them by saying how awful to put such a load on a poor donkey.

The boy & man said they were probably right, so they decide to carry the donkey.

As they crossed the bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story?

If you try to please everyone, you might as well...

Kiss your ass good-bye.

(I just couldn't resist this one!)
Every things alright, learned my lesson well, you can't please everyone so you got to please yourself . . . la da da da da . . . got me singing too - have a great day. . .
Chatty

5 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Tis true:)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Most people know what would make them happy. In their hearts, they know it. But they don't act on it, and instead go around trying to please others!!!

Yer Garden Party song has it right! And a line from an Eagles song, too: [paraphrasing?] "Now often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Chatty Crone said...

I love that line - do you know what the name of the song is? I'm going to try to look it up myself. Thanks,

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Oh man, I haven't had coffee today and you people are expressing such deep thoughts....
that's why I come, to get my fix of thoughts, with deep meaning, that should open my eyes....
damn, where's my coffee?

Anonymous said...

Hi Chatty,
Gosh, I love that song and what it says. I also love those oldies and goodies....personally wish we had more good music these days like we did in the "good ol' days"...tee hee. There are some good Country songs out now, which I appreciate. I love music and love all that you share...Thank you soooooo much, AG!!!
Luv, JAS