"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, May 11, 2009

Vacations



I've been thinking a lot recently about vacations. I mean a lot. Aren't vacations to take a vacation from your stress and let yourself rest and rejuvenate? A way to relax and grow?

I've NEVER that I can remember, taken a vacation with myself and not with my family. A vacation where I went somewhere and they stayed home. Now my daughter has and my husband travels a lot, but I'm almost always home.

I've taken care of my family for 35 years (it's my 35th anniversary today) and I think it's time to take a little R&R for myself. I want to get away and take care of my own needs for a week and let them fend for themselves.
I've decided to take a week off from my family in July. I'm going to 'see' what it feels like.
I'm going somewhere - without them - out west. I'll pick a destination, go, and see what happens.
I've never done that before. I'm excited. I must say my family doesn't totally 'get it' - they can't understand why I would even want to do this alone, but I do. I think it's just what the doctor ordered. And I must say they are supporting me so kudos to them (I think).

Oh and don't worry, I'm still going to Blog that week in July - I'm going to pre-blog with some really good articles, so don't think about not coming here to visit - I just may not be able to answer you for that week.

Then I'll be back and maybe I can write and tell you some of the things I saw and learned.

Wish I could go to Tuscany - well, maybe someday.

The world is a great book; he who never stirs from home, reads only a page.
-Saint Augustine


Chatty
Has any body done this before and if so was it worth it? What did you see? What did you learn?

5 comments:

JeanMac said...

I think that's a wonderful idea. Look forward to your posts.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Aw Chatty, I used to travel all over alone all the time, and it was GREAT! LOTS of fun! Sometimes it's fun to vacation with someone else and have the feeling of sharing. But it's also fun in a different way to go and just SEE and FEEL things YOURSELF, without having to run the experience through 2 filters, the "me" filter and the "us" filter...

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you for understanding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have given me some courage!

ClassyChassy said...

I believe it will be a spendid experience for you, and I hope you find a fun place to be YOU! The closest I came to a vacation like that was when I was newly divorced - a friend and I went to Tucson AZ to visit another friend of ours who moved out there. It was absolutely wonderful! Activities and places to see were planned out for us, and we had such a good time, and I'd never been to AZ before - an amazing adventure!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Well now...you're just coming along nicely!
This is a terrific idea for yourself.
Are you researching online areas you might like to go, or do you have something specific in mind already?
If you don't start thinking "me" now....then when?

FANTASTIC!!

Do I wish you a happy 35th or not?
Golly, that's more than half your life!!
My mind is whirling non stop...bet yours is too, choices, choices....are in the air.