"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Confucius say - Where ever you go - go with all your heart.


"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." ~ Confucius

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it," observed the sage who believed with the proper models, every person could find goodness and balance.

Alaska is where I went. Can you believe it? I have to tell you that I didn't have high expectations about Alaska. I believed it was cold. The summers too light the winters too dark. Not true.

Now one reason I picked Alaska was that I wanted to get far away from Georgia. I flew alone. I needed to do something alone, away from family and friends - to see more of who I was. I had never ever done something like this before.

Guess it was my blooming if you will - because staying in the 'bud' was getting entirely too painful. My son and his wife had gone to Alaska a couple of years ago and I went to a lot of the places they did - and more. So I had help from people on where to go.

I sure learned some history about Alaska! Everyone knew the history of Alaska if they lived there - they had a real 'state pride' if you will - and they were more than willing to share it. Plus all the tour trips I went on shared a lot of history as well. Some tour operators were better than others. Some were fabulous - some were not. None the less - I lost my heart there. I would have never believed it possible or imaginable.

So for the next few weeks I'm going to debrief myself and share about Alaska on my Blog. It will be a good way to make a journal for myself. I'm having trouble starting because well one, I'm busy since I got back and secondly, I have all this information running around in my head and it's hard to know where to start.

Music has always been an integral part of my life. I heard this song by Keith Urban (who I love) - it's brand new and I could not help but think of Alaska and all the gelato ice cream I had (lol).
The timing seems to be amazing for me.

Hope you enjoy the song. See below. Chatty

5 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Well....that was a good teaser...making folks want to come back and hear, "the rest of the story" about your northern trip to self.
Can't wait!

Changes in the wind said...

Good for you!!!!! Traveling alone can be very surprising and enlightening and it sounds like you have a wonderful time:)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

YOU DID IT! Good on ya!

All the way to Alaska...

I bet a lot of thoughts are just swirling and teeming in yr head. Good idea to write them down in yr bloggie.

ClassyChassy said...

I am totally speechless - and totally stunned! I was kidding about Switzerland, but figured it would have to be somewhere unusual - never dreamed it was ALASKA! I've seen pics from folks who had been there, some beautiful scenery, wonderful clams that they dug, and funny stories - hope you have some good memories to share with us!!! You may get peppered with questions! So glad you liked your tote - I posted about it last Friday, if you care to look at the pics. You will see dear mama, workin away on some of the pinning and placing of pockets, etc. Have a great day!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Wow!! Can't wait to hear more. You're an adventurous soul, I would love to do something like that!! Just go....and explore!!!
I love Keith Urban too btw. ;)
♥ Teresa