Saturday, December 26, 2009
How To Have A Good Day - after Christmas
I am sure a lot of people had a wonderful Christmas - with families and friends. I was one. We should consider ourselves lucky and blessed. I do know though I have friends and blog friends who have had a very hard Christmas this year. And I want them to know I did send up a prayer to them yesterday especially.
My son and his wife came from Cincinnati, my niece, her husband and three children, and my sister in law and her husband. 13 - we haven't had 13 for Christmas in ages. Everyone cooked something and I think I had a real bonding experience with my DIL. My son for Christmas helped me make my book - a real book and ordered me a copy - it will be so cool to have it in my hands as a real book. My daughter made a delicious salad. And Andy had a great and calm time. We spent most the day day in Star War land - it is coming back to this household. My husband cooked two roast beefs and made mashed potatoes. So all went really well and I am thankful about that.
As the end years and the New Year is about to begin - a lot of people make resolutions and they want to start the year off right. To make resolutions you must know what is wrong so you can resolve to try to correct it.
Hopefully we want to have more good days then bad days and here are some ideas how to do that!
1. Talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet. (That means not to be toxic to your friends or yourself).
2. Look at the sunny side of everything. (Be positive.)
3. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. (Be positive.)
4. Be as enthusiastic about success of others as you are about your own. (Be positive.)
5. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. (Try to forget.)
6. Give everyone a smile. (Be happy).
7. Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others. (Work on yourself).
Notice the action verb - not to be, be, and work. When you work on yourself, when you help others, and when you chose to be positive - life is better.
Any other ideas?
Haooy Birthday John Walsh (Wikipedia)
John Walsh (born December 26, 1945) is the host of the TV show America's Most Wanted. Walsh is known for his anti-crime activism, which he became involved with following the murder of his son, Adam, in 1981. Twenty-seven years later on December 16, 2008, the now deceased serial killer Ottis Toole was named as the killer of Walsh's son.
Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like it's heaven on earth.