"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, December 07, 2009

Pugs - Tuesday's Show and Tail




Welcome to the Tenth Weekly Segment of Tuesdays' Show & Tail! I hope everyone will join Angela (click here) every Tuesday to post a picture or two of your pets, wildlife or visit to the zoo and tell a little about them!

Tuesdays' Show & Tail is about having fun, and giving us a chance to meet other pet owners in the blogging community. If you are visiting and would like to join in on the fun, please do so! Everyone is welcome.

Now I copied this from Angela's web site - I have been asked to blog about Tuesday's Show and Tail.

Therefore it is true that everyone is welcome, because I don't have any pets. I did, but every time we got a dog I got so sick I had to give them to one of my friends - and yes they are still my friends, but I keep breaking my families heart. I tried so hard to get them a pet, but my immune system - allergies were just too strong for a pet.

Therefore I have no current pet stories, but I do have a couple of old ones and a couple of funny stories.

So here is my first Show and Tail.

I am a pug lover - now I have found from blogging the world of Corgi's. They are pretty cute too.

I'm going to talk about pugs tonight. Our first pug was a girl named Irma. She was my dog and I loved her so very much. It like to have killed me to give her away, but she went to a great home and we did get to see and visit with her once in awhile.

We lived in Chicago and it was one of the worst winters ever - extremely cold with the bitter windchill and snow that didn't melt until April. It was in the 80's sometime.

So we purchased two sets of doggie boots. His paws would freeze in the snow and she couldn't go out and use the bathroom fast enough before she would freeze. So boots seemed like the answer.

I don't have a picture of this, but let me tell you - it was one of the funniest days of my life. Rick and I laughed so hard we woke the kids up and they came downstairs to see what was happening.



Irma lost all brain knowledge of how her feet worked. She couldn't move them. They went out every where. You had to see it - so funny.



Hugs and kisses,
Chatty


Happy Birthday to Mary Queen of Scotts.

6 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

Hi Chatty - and yes, it is true - everyone is welcome to join in on Tuesdays Show and Tail! I would loved to have seen your pug in booties - I bet it was so cute!!! My Corgi girls would probably EAT their boots if I tried to put them on their feet! Corgis eat anything and everything!!! It gets cold on their toes, but they are brave little dogs!!!

Knitty said...

Oh what a memory this post brought back! I bought boots for our Lab thinking it would save her pads from salt and other ice melting products (Michigan winters here) and also save my floor some mess. Not only was Magic mortified at what I was doing to her, she couldn't walk in them. She was afraid to put her foot down but couldn't hold all four up at once. Thank goodness furbabies love us and are quick to forgive. :)

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR CHATTY,
I HAVE AN AWARD FOR YOU ON MY BLOG...YOU DESERVE IT....IF YOU ARE AN AWARD FREE BLOG...KNOW I WANTED YOU TO HAVE IT.
I'LL THINK ABOUT JOINING TUESDAYS SHOW AND TAIL SINCE I HAVE 2 CATS...1 KITTEN AND TWO DOGS. THEY ALL GET ALONG.
ANGEL HUGS
LOVE
DEBBIE

betty said...

Irma sounded like such a nice pet and one that provided you with lots of love and laughs! sorry that you had allergies and couldn't have a pet for very long; I know that is hard because most kids enjoy pets around.

glad you participated in Angela's meme this week so you could share Irma with us

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Knitty described it much better than I did. Irma couldn't walk or stand on all fours and was afraid to put her feet down. She did forgive us. I'd have never hurt her on purpose.

Angela said...

Great post and story Chatty! Thanks for joining in this week!

I don't think I've ever heard of a dog named Irma! That is original. Did you name her? I have a friend at church that has a black pug. It is so fat that it kind of wobbles as it walks. lol And it sounds like it has asthma. I'm not sure if that is something that most pugs do or not.

It is hard if you are allergic to animals to have one at your house. That is one thing that I am not allergic to according to my allergy tests. I thought it was odd that I was allergic to so many other things but not dogs.

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela