"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Friday, March 12, 2010

Fun Friday - Take a laugh break . . .





The following was developed as a mental age assessment by the School of Psychiatry at Harvard University . Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a mistake. The average person over 40 years of age cannot do it!

1. This is this cat.
2. This is is cat.
3. This is how cat.
4. This is to cat.
5. This is keep cat.
6. This is an cat.
7. This is old cat.
8. This is fart cat.
9. This is busy cat.
10. This is for cat.
11. This is forty cat.
12. This is seconds cat.

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down.



IF MY BODY WERE A CAR...

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull ... But that's not the worst of it.

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.

It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it --

Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter. ....either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!







A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.

Four worms were placed into four separate jars.

The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.
The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.
The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.
The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.

At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:

The first worm in alcohol -Dead.

The second worm in cigarette smoke - Dead

Third worm in chocolate syrup - Dead

Fourth worm in good clean soil - Alive.

So the Minister asked the congregation - What can you learn from this demonstration?

Maxine, who was sitting in the back, quickly raised her hand and said, "As long as you drink, smoke and eat chocolate, you won't have worms!"

That pretty much ended the service...



Just click on the year you want to listen to and then select a song.

40's JuKeBoX 1955 JuKeBoX 1956 JuKeBoX 1957 JuKeBoX 1958 JuKeBoX 1959 JuKeBoX 1960 JuKeBoX 1961 JuKeBoX 1962 JuKeBoX 1963 JuKeBoX 1964 JuKeBoX 1965 JuKeBoX 1966 JuKeBoX 1967 JuKeBoX 1968 JuKeBoX 1969 JuKeBoX 1970 JuKeBoX 1971 JuKeBoX 1972 JuKeBoX 1973 JuKeBoX 1974 JuKeBoX 1975 JuKeBoX 1976 JuKeBoX 1977 JuKeBoX 1978 JuKeBoX 1979 JuKeBoX









Barbara Feldon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Barbara Feldon (born March 12, 1933) is an American former model and a prolific character actress of stage who is primarily known for her roles on television. Her most prominent role was that of Agent 99 on the popular 1960s sitcom, Get Smart.

Early life:
Feldon was born as Barbara Hall in the Pittsburgh suburb of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania. She graduated from Carnegie Institute of Technology (now Carnegie Mellon University) in 1955, with a Bachelor of Arts in drama. Long before then, she won the grand prize on The $64,000 Question in the category of William Shakespeare.

Pretty smart cookie . . .

12 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Thanks for the Friday laugh!!!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sandie Sweetie...
I am so laughing at this description of a body at this age, because there are days I swear when I come home, my butt is still coming around the corner long after I have passed it. Yes I will be dragging for sure.

Oh how cute is Maxine. You know me, I love it. So cute.

I can't play the music thingy until I go home tonight. It doesn't come through at work. They have our servers locked down. I will listen tonight though.

Many thanks sweetie. Have a beautiful Friday. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Mimi said...

Good Morning Sandie!!!!
Oh those were some fun things to read this morning!!!!
I could read that first little paragraph about the cat!!!That was quite funny and I really concentrated so I could do it!!!haha
YOur posts are always so fun and interesting to read!!!!
My Mom sews some but she lives in St. Louis so that doesn't help us out much!!!
I had a sewing machine for years, but never learned how to use it, as a child I was far to energetic and wanted to be outside therefore, I never learned how to sew!!!!
My younger sister is very good at sewing, crocheting, cross stitch, etc, she is a fabulous artist as well, she is by FAR the Artistic one in the family!!!!
have a great week end
hugs,
jamie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lots in today's post!

I did great on the test, till the punch line. LOL! ;-)

Love those otters. So cute!

I'll take the chocolate to ward off worms. ;-)

Carol King was singing on the link I clicked, and I always loved her.

And I was a faithful watcher of "Get Smart"... and "The Man From Uncle." I had a crush on Napoleon Solo, and my best friend was in love with Illya Kuriakyn... or however his name was spelled! LOL!

See you week after next...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Susan said...

Great post,Sandie. Lots of fun stuff and chuckles. Thanks. Sincerely, Susan

Angela said...

Hey Sandie!

I could read it no problem! lol I guess I'm still 29 like I tell my daughter that I am! hehehe

I took a listen to 1979. I couldn't remember the name of that song but I do remember hearing it.

Hope you have a Great Weekend!
Angela

A Lil Enchanted said...

Thanks for some laughs Sandie... sometimes they are just much needed :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

betty said...

oh my gosh, Sandie, wherever you get these, they are always so funny. I liked the cat one, I was playing along with it, doing really well reading it then went back and read the third word in the sentences and just laughed! and I can relate with my body and the car analogy and Maxine's cartoons are always sooo funny!

good way to begin the weekend with laughing :)

betty

Stella said...

Well you did keep me busy for 40 seconds. Funny! I had a ball with the juke box playing 50's hits. Thanks.

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

That was great, thanks for the laugh!!! I have to say, part of me is ready to trade in my body if it doesn't bounce back from having Avery lol.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Where...in the world...do you find all this cool stuff Sandie?
Love those contented otters, how sweet. What a neat collection of interesting, funny, informative things you collect for us on Fridays. Love 'em!!

Changes in the wind said...

Loved this post!!