"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My gift for you this Sunday . . .

They faught for us - and we thank them.





Happy Birthday to Cindy Williams - wikipedia

After college, she began her professional career by landing national commercials, which included Foster Grant sunglasses and TWA. Her first roles in television, among others, were on Room 222, Nanny and the Professor and Love American Style.

Williams picked up important film roles early in her career: George Cukor's Travels with My Aunt. as Ron Howard's high school sweetheart in George Lucas's American Graffiti (1973); and Francis Ford Coppola's The Conversation (1974). She auditioned for Lucas's next project, Star Wars, but lost the role of Princess Leia to a younger actress, Carrie Fisher.

She portrayed the loyal and fun-loving brewery worker "Shirley Feeney" in the sitcom Laverne and Shirley. from 1976 until 1982. She left the show after she became pregnant with her first child. Later, she would star in the short-lived 1993-1994 sitcom Getting By. She also guest starred on several shows, including two episodes of the sitcom 8 Simple Rules.

Williams made a guest appearance on illusionist David Copperfield's first CBS TV special in 1978. She assisted Copperfield in the Zig Zag Girl and a length-wise sawing-in-half illusions.

Williams was executive producer on the successful Steve Martin comedy film Father of the Bride and its sequel.

She was so funny in Laverne and Shirley...

14 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Thank you for this video....It brings tears to my eyes.

Doris Sturm said...

Great video, Sandy - it made me cry. I wished more people would stop and remember this instead of being so preoccupied with their little gadgets while the President is ever so slowly turning this country into Muslims.

Granny Annie said...

Beautiful video. Thanks Sandie. It is the freedom my husband still fights for every day of his life. It is what we all pray will still be here for the grandchildren.

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Sandi your video actually brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing! I am going to share this on my FB page if you don't mind!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Unknown said...

G'morn, CC~ The video I've seen & it is wonderful! God protect us from the evil that lurks around every corner ...

I love Laverna & Shirley. Whatever happened to good clean fun comedic TV ... we sure miss them all.


Have a lovely summer day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Mevely317 said...

What a moving video, Sandie ... my eyeballs are swimming!
Hope your "today" bring sunny, smooth skies and a happy homecoming!

Kathleen said...

Wonderful video. They can't be thanked often enough!

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

I remember Laverne and Shirley, they were a total crack up...so funny...
I love to be like that...
I remember so such fun I have had in younger years..
I worked at the Royal Brisbane HospiTAL, WITH A LOT OF OLD OLD buildings...one rainy dark night after an evening shift four of us went thrill seaking though one of them with torches. The male RN told spooky tales and had us horrified...he swore they were true.
It was great....
Fun days...thats how life is meant to be...
Good on Cindy Williams, and you Sandie, for sharing!! xxx

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Sandie, another incredible video girl. I mean to tell you, this one so tugs at you deep into your heart and soul. Thank you.

Hugs,
Nancy

Love Of Quilts said...

Thanks. Trish

Susan said...

Hi Sandie...The video was a good reminder that we must never take our freedoms for granted. We are so blessed to live in this country. My heart goes out to all service men and women and to their families, especially their mothers. God bless them all. Susan

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Sandie, thank you for posting this video..and I always liked Cindy Williams..wondered what became of her.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments! You are loved!

hugs
Barb

Together We Save said...

Wonderful video!!

Jennie said...

I have been waiting for your August 22nd post! It was my birthday and I couldn't wait to see who you showcased. I don't really know of many famous people with whom I share the day.

I used to love Laverne & Shirley. I'm tickled to share a birthdate with such a fabulous comedienne.