"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Musings

I believe that everyone deserves a compliment - I think it would change our feelings about ourselves. It doesn't have to be a big one. It can be as tiny as a seed. I think we should give a compliment to someone today - no not me - someone you live with - then report if you saw any change? What do you think about that?

“There is no effect more disproportionate to its cause than the happiness bestowed by a small compliment. ” Robert Brault - poet

Now for a little humor to start the week:
Since more and more Seniors are texting and tweeting there appears to be a need for a STC(Senior Texting Code). If you qualify for Senior Discounts this is the code for you:.

Please pass this on to your CHILDREN and Grandchildren so they can understand your texts.


ATD: At The Doctor's

BFF: Best Friend Farted

BTW: Bring The Wheelchair

BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth

CBM: Covered By Medicare

CGU: Can't get up

CGIP: Can't get IT up

CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center

DWI: Driving While Incontinent

FWB: With Beta Blockers

FWIW: Forgot Where I Was

FYI: Found Your Insulin

GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!

GHA: Got Heartburn Again

HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement

IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?

LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out

LOL: Living On Lipitor

LWO: Lawrence Welk's On

OMMR: On My Massage Recliner

OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.

PIMP: Pooped in my pants

ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up

SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop

TTYL: Talk To You Louder

WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?

WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again

WTP: Where's The Prunes?

WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil

GLKI (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In)


My compliment to my readers is - you are the greatest group of gals and guys ever! You know the meaning of friendship. THANK YOU.

Chatty

23 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Sandie! Cute post. Take care and have a fun Monday. Susan

Unknown said...

Love the GHA (got heartburn again) as it seems to live with me on a daily basis. Good one Sandie.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I will totally get my complimentary self on today with the compliments. All thanks to you :-)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Funny post Sandie. I will try a compliment today.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Laughing Out Loud funny. Thanks for starting my morning off right.

Unknown said...

I found it highly disturbing that while reading these off to my wife just now, she really cracked up over the poop references. No, I don't have a clue why.

MadSnapper said...

good idea, i will try it. compliments are a good thing. thanks for the reminder. got that list in the email last week, someof them are very true

Unknown said...

Amen & good morn' Sandie! I get so fed up with the self-absorbed & empty ...

Pop over for our Valentine's Giveaway

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Barb Hodges said...

This post is so funny. (text code) I guess the funniest part is how many I could relate to. (hate ending with a prep) Another two: SWF (swallow with food)/ DFS (discount for seniors) Sandy,have you considered writing a dictionary for seniors?

Doris Sturm said...

This is hilarious! But it would be even funnier if it weren't so dog gone true! Why is it life boils down to farts and bowel movements as you age? I'm trying very hard to avoid or at least, suppress it, but I'm afraid, it's inevitable...LOL

True about the compliments - nice words in general have a very healing effect on us! Sticks and stones may not break our bones, but they sure can break our heart and spirit!

Anonymous said...

Sandie, these were so funny,thanks for the chuckles.
~Jo

Ginny Hartzler said...

This seniors thing is just a scream! I think I will bring it to our seniors party this weekend! You are so right about compliments, it is a form of encouragenemt, isn't it?

The Boston Lady said...

LOL to your post Sandie! And I really like your encouragement to give someone a compliment. It can turn someone's day completely around. Ann

Mevely317 said...

Too funny, Sandie!

I can't wait to share these text-isms with my gal-pals ... and granddaughers, too! When I grow up, I hope I'll learn to text faster than a word-per-minute - LOL!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You definitely deserve a compliment for working so hard on your rehab and for hanging in there with the blog through it all. Keep on getting better and hope your week is a good one.

Together We Save said...

You are so funny!!!

Sue said...

Oh I love your list...you left out one for "seniors acting like idiots"....I was in IKEA today with Joyce and I hear ticking....she calls me over to where she is standing and tells me she has turned on all the kitchen timers.....she wanted to see what would happen whe someone passes and they all go off at once....I think we may get locked up one of these days....I won't even tell you the looks we got from employees at the animal shelter....

Carol............. said...

Copied them all down and will start using them! LOL

Linda O'Connell said...

Sandie,
Gee, those things certainly apply. I can hardly decipher my grandkids' texts, now watch me confuse them!

ocmist said...

WHOA!!! Way to many references I could use! I complimented Robert on the work on our plumbing that he is doing. It is such a blessing to have someone here that can do things like that and not have to hire out!

Like I've probably said a hundred times before, coming here is so refreshing... Laughter is good like a medicine as Solomon said!

Just Be Real said...

Sweet post Sandie. Blessings.

LADY JANE said...

Howdy Sandie...I am going to give it my best shot with complimenting today! Perhaps I shall even text the girls a compliment while they are at work...that will surely catch them off guard! I am the worlds worst at texting you know...perhaps you had better just call me!
Hope the weather is warmer and the knee is feeling better! Hugs!

Sharon said...

I think your compliment idea is a great one! How clever you are to think of it (that was YOUR compliment!) I try to give them as often as possible to my husband. What seems to happen is that he is happier, calmer, and also seems to compliment me more, too. I'm thinking compliments are like boomerangs - given out, they always seem to return!

Love from ROLF - Really Old Lady Friend......me!