Important Information of dental xrays and mammograms - I've had this sent to me by a couple of girl friends and it checks out.
Precautions re: Mammograms and Dental XRays/ A Useful Warning
"Dr. Oz had a show on the fastest growing cancer in women, thyroid cancer. It was a very interesting program and he mentioned that the increase could possibly be related to the use of dental x-rays and mammograms. He demonstrated that on the apron the dentist puts on you for your dental x-rays there is a little flap that can be lifted up and wrapped around your neck. Many dentists don't bother to use it.
Also, there is something called a "thyroid guard" for use during mammograms. By coincidence, I had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I felt a little silly, but I asked about the guard and sure enough, the technician had one in a drawer. I asked why it wasn't routinely used. Answer: "I don't know. You have to ask for it." Well, if I hadn't seen the show, how would I have known to ask?" Okay so when we get mammograms or dental xrays - LET'S ASK!
Did you know they added three new words/symbolMichaele s to the Oxford Dictionary this year? ♥ LOL and Muffintop and OMG (thanks for reminding me Michaele).
muffin top, n. informal a roll of fat visible above the top of a pair of women's tight-fitting low-waisted trousers. (What about the actual top of a muffin?)
Eight Gifts You Can Give at No Cost ===================================
1) THE GIFT OF LISTENING... But you must REALLY listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just listening.
2) THE GIFT OF AFFECTION... Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.
3) THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER... Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny Mountain Wings stories. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."
4) THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE... It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime and may even change a life.
5) THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT... A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super job" or "That was a wonderful meal" can make someone's day.
6) THE GIFT OF A FAVOR... Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.
7) THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE... There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times, and give the gift of solitude to others.
8) THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION... The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone, really it's not that hard to say, "Hello" or "Thank You." ~Author Unknown~
I think this is a pretty good list. It's free. And it really sums things up. So pick out a goal and see if you can do it. By doing this for others - I think you'll get something back in return! It's a win-win situation.
Love as always, sandie
If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. - Mother Teresa