"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, June 13, 2011

Good Morning and Happy Monday World!

I want to share something I heard on the radio today - I love Country Music and was listening to kicks 101.5 my favorite station here in Georgia.

They were talking about last weeks Country Fair in Nashville where the starts actually take not only the time to put on a show - but they have greet and meets for their fans. Now who else does this?

Shaina Twain was there. She has sold the most albums of any one else - 76 million I believe they said. She had a back ground of abuse - and actually raised her siblings. Quite an interesting story if you want to look her up.

She wrote and a sang a new song - about her journey. Her husband was having an affair with her secretary I believe. They divorced a few years back. She quit singing and was just concentrate on taking care of her son. She is now remarried and ready to sing again.

Tug - one of the commentators who was there last week commented on her. Said she was wonderful - she was surprised her fans still loved and accepted her - and he also said - you can tell one someone is just not quite sure of themselves - (from past wounds - I say), and he was surprised with all her wealth, fame, and money she had these little insecurities.

It goes back to what I believe - when there has been abuse - you do get over it - but the scars remain - and the scars can be in the shape of insecurities.

Now I believe this is true too - she wrote the song for HERSELF - so she could get her own words and feelings written out on paper - then every time she sings it - it is self talk to her. She did it so that she could grow and learn every single day. A while back I wrote about self talking to yourself and she did that exact thing.

Here is her new song: TODAY IS YOUR DAY



and here is her interview if you have time - I believe it was a year or two ago and there is a short commercial, but it's interesting.



"Worry is pulling tomorrow's clouds over today's sunshine."


Let's go girls - today is our day!

x_31c37fa

20 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Fabulous post. Love your take on Ms. Twain and all she's been through.

However...the quote about clouds and sunshine took me to a higher ground. God sent!

xoRebecca

Pat MacKenzie said...

It's true isn't it that we can talk ourselves in or out of just about whatever mood or state of mind we happen to be in. It's hard work though.

I'm a fan of Shania Twain too - a beautiful voice and a beautiful person - and Canadian too!

Southhamsdarling said...

I love that quotation about worry at the end of this post. How true that is! I love country music too, and saw Tammy Wynette over here many years ago. Most of these singers seem to have a tale to tell, and it usually involves abuse of one form or another. I used to love Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like A Woman"!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Great quote about worry...I'm trying not too but with all that is going on sometimes it's hard! hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandie,
What a lovely and encouraging post, I really love it! The song is great. I do like Shania Twain, have one of her albums.

I love the quote at the end, so encouraging - thank you for sharing!

Have a lovely Day!

Eva

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes she is on her way back!

Anonymous said...

Hey friend!...love the saying at the end,LET'S GO GIRLS!

Hey I'm having my first giveaway June 15th!
Sure hope you can join us(HappierThanAPigInMud),we are having a cookalong with the Pillsbury Doughboy and I'm giving away a Pillsbury cookbook and a doughboy.
~JO
Lazyonloblolly

Liz Mays said...

I don't know if you ever get over the insecurities. It's just that sometimes it's easier to cover them up than others.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A really interesting interview about the cycle of abuse. The song is good. I know she used to be married to Mutt Lange? I love the little animations you always out at the bottom with your name!

Ann said...

and a happy Monday to you also. It's always good to hear about the big names being just like real people. So many of them have let their fame and fortune go to their heads.
Love that quote. It's a keeper

Susan said...

She's adorable, Sandie. Hope your Monday was terrific. Susan

Mevely317 said...

Ooooh! I was so tickled to learn you're a C/W fan, Sandie .... me, too!
This news re. Shania came as a big surprise! She's always struck me as the beauty who's had it all ... all the best of the best, that is.
Just goes to show ...

Debbie said...

I really like her. She did a duet (Party for Two) with a former student of mine. It's a claim to fame.

That video says no longer available so I'll google it myself.

Love that quote, btw.

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

A very lovely post Sandie. Everything that she has been through only makes her stronger. It is sad though, that most often the scars remain and you are right, those scars show in her insecurities. And that really holds true for most people.
XOXO, Sue

betty said...

love your signature line, Sandie!! I listened to the song (I had to go onto You Tube to do so, this one was no longer available by the time I got here tonight) and listened to her interview. I knew this was something you hold dear to your heart because of things in your life from your past so that's why I waited until tonight to take the time to listen to them both. I can see why she would use the song as a reaffirmation to herself when she sang it to help her get along, get through feelings, etc. It is a good message! I am sure it was very hard for her to make the decision to write a book like she did and to expose herself so to speak out there in public, but I'm sure it has been an immense help for her to be able to share her story with others and has helped others going through similar things. She is an inspration; one can only hope she'll continue to do good with her music career!! thanks for sharing these and your thoughts, Sandie!!

betty

Granny Annie said...

Phooey, did not get to listen to the song. It had been removed for copyright reasons. This was a good post Sandie. Wandering into an abusive relationship is easy, getting completely out of it is never fully achieved.

ain't for city gals said...

First thank you for the lovely comment about my dad...all the comments show that yes..the blogging community is a great support system. I always wondered what happened to S. Twain..I loved her music..would play it forever. I didn't know her story but will look for her new cd...

Sharon said...

There's that sexy icon lady at the end of your post again...

Love Shania Twain - I did before, and I like her even more now.

Yes, I get the speaking to oneself thing - self-talk is powerful, and we are wise to let God teach us what to say!

GOD BLESS!

Donna B. said...

She is coming to Vegas for two years in 2012 and tickets just went on sale. I was watching her reality show on the OWN station. Very interesting.

DaCraftyLady said...

Oh I love Shania Twain and her new song is wonderful...she is such a beautiful woman and smart.. :) Debb