For 2017

"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Friday, August 19, 2011

Fun Friday - with a little help from my Vitamin F's . . .

I have a lot of friends from Texas and this is one for you - hope you think it's funny! thanks Sharon.


Texas Rain Guage


Thanks Sharon.
There is a cat in this picture - I promise you - search for it - and I'll give you the answer at the end. It is there - took me a long time to find it.



Repent O Scottish Sinner...... Thank you Jerry!

There was a Scottish painter named Smokey Macgregor who was very interested in making a penny where he could, so he often thinned down his paint to make it go a wee bit further.

As it happened, he got away with this for some time, but eventually the Baptist Church decided to do a big restoration job on the outside of one of their biggest buildings.

Smokey put in a bid, and, because his price was so low, he got the job.

So he set about erecting the scaffolding and setting up the planks, and buying the paint and, yes, I am sorry to say, thinning it down with water...

Well, Smokey was up on the scaffolding, painting away, the job nearly completed, when suddenly there was a horrendous clap of thunder, the sky opened, and the rain poured down washing the thinned paint from all over the church and knocking Smokey clear off the scaffold to land on the lawn among the gravestones, surrounded by telltale puddles of the thinned and useless paint.

Smokey was no fool. He knew this was a judgment from the Almighty, so he got down on his knees and cried:

"Oh, God, Oh God, forgive me; what should I do?"

And from the thunder, a mighty voice spoke. . .

(you're going to love this)



"Repaint! Repaint! And thin no more!"







Thank you Jeannie - my new found cousin.

TWAS AN EVIL GENIUS THAT DEVELOPED THIS


Now the rest of you can go nuts trying to change
the color of the ball.
Remember, you have to click on the ball to
change its color.
I agree with the statement below.


CLICK ON THE BALL AND IT WILL CHANGE COLOR.
Yes it really does change color.
Whoever made this up needs to be shot!
Click below on the 'Ball'.

Ball






I sent a letter to HER:

The Golden Years have come at last
I can not see, I can not pee
I can not chew, I cannot screw
The Golden Years have come at last.

My hearing stinks, my memory shrinks
No sense of smell, I look like hell
The Golden Years have come at last
The Golden Years can kiss my a--

To which I wrote the following and sent to HIM:

The Golden Years have come up fast
And I still want to have a blast
Run my fingers through some hair
But my lover's head is awfully bare.

I want to kiss some luscious lips
Instead, I munch potato chips.
I'd love to dance the night away,
But at 7:30, I hit the hay.

The Golden Years are here too soon
I want to kiss beneath the moon.
But, right before we hit the sheets,
I hear, "Darn, I can't find my teeth."

The Golden Years are here, I tell.
The Golden Years can GO TO H---.

Thank you Susan



The most wasted day is one in which we have not laughed.



"The best way to have a good idea
is to have a lot of ideas."
~ Linus Pauling

x_05012ff


The cat is on the right side - nearer the top then bottom - in front of the rocks.

39 comments:

Debbie said...

I found the cat!! I found it right away, too. Is it cheating that I clicked to enlarge the picture first?

And when I tried to change the ball, I think I learned how my favorite cat Whiskers feels when she chases the laser beam thingie she likes to chase.

Cheri said...

It really was hard to find that darn cat, even when I enlarged it. LOL

Sandra said...

i just finished my 8 to 9 am laugh in with the Graham Norton show on BBC. and came here and the Texas rain gauge has me and hubby rolling on the floor and the old guys with the pants yanked up, finished us off.

Jo said...

I could not find that dawg-gone cat,and that ball trick is something else.
Thanks for sharing have a great weekend
~JO

Jo said...

OK!...found him.

Knitty said...

Note to self: Get everything done BEFORE you read Chatty's Friday blog entries as you know you'll be here a long while.

* Ahem *

I changed the ball color more quickly than I found that darned cat.

I loved the pants cartoon. That is a lesson for both ends of the age spectrum to remember.

TexWisGirl said...

i got the cat! but yes, it took a minute! that ball thing is too funny!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I found the cat, and promise to never thin my paint! Happy Weekend:@)

Furry Bottoms said...

I found the cat! But boy, she sure blended in with the landscape!!

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

Thanks for the Friday Frustration!! The cat.. The ball..

But the rest was Friday Fun!! Thanks for the laughs!

Jeanie said...

Even with my "golden years" eyes I finally found the cat.
The laugh in the medical cartoon is that it too, too true.
No wasted day here with all these laughs.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I enlarged the picture and still couldn't find the cat. I'm going to try again.


I got the ball to change from bleu to green to aqua to yellow to green again.

Thanks for a good Friday post.

Ginny said...

Your blog is ESPECIALLY good today, in fact maybe my favorite!! My faves are the two cartoons, and I had to copy the pants one! Sorry, but I will just have to put it on my blog at some point, it really cracks me up!!!!! I just love everything today. The rain gauge is funny. But that swinging ball, gak!! I lasted about two seconds and got out before it rove me nuts!

Sush said...

I CAN'T FIND THE CAT AND I'VE ENLARGED IT AND SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME LOOKING. There if I put my inability to find the cat does it make me feel less inept..nah.

But I don't see it...wah, wah, wah.

Loved the post today...really well thought out!

Hugs~

Whosyergurl said...

Im a feared that Texas rain gauge joke is too true to be funny! Poor things are about to dry up down there!
xo, Cheryl

Dragonfly Treasure said...

I couldn't find the cat even enlarged!!! LOL ubtil you told me where it was..
OK shoot the ball maker!!!
Thanks for the laughs!! We can never laugh too much!
Have a great weekend!
*hugs*deb

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I had to read your hint to find the cat!

LOL on the rain gauge.

Sally said...

Love visiting you every day, but especially on Friday. You find the cutest things.

The cat? I thought I had him, but NO!!

Have a great weekend, Sandie!

Hugs!

Eva Marie said...

LOL - I love the Texas rain gauge (chuckle)
And I was lost at hitting the ball hahahah! So funny
Repaint - Repaint - and thin no more - that was brilliant.

Thank you for all the uplifting laughs!

The Boston Lady said...

I enlarged and found cat, but even then it wasn't easy. I know a couple of people I'd like to send that ball thingy to. As always a fun Friday on your space! Ann

Rebecca said...

You crack me up. Repaint? I'm gonna remember this one! CORNY I SAY! :)

I found the cat. I cheated. I scrolled and enlarged the picture! :)

xoRebecca

Susan said...

Hilarious, Sandie. Love today's post. It's about ready to rain buckets here but never fear. Your post is a bolt of sunshine. :) Susan

Brenda @ It's A Beautiful Life said...

We enjoyed our visit again.... you have a fun place to browse through.

Loved that Texas water gauge! Here in Alberta, Canada, this summer we needed something substantially larger!!

And I too, found the kitty cat! Well camouflaged!

Thisisme. said...

Some really good funnies there for us today Chatty! Made me smile my friend. I also enlarged the photo but couldn't find that flipping cat!! Hee Hee!!

Holly said...

While i was up there, I double clicked the picture to make it extra large and didn't see the dang cat. I see it now. Durr. And I didn't click on the ball because I'm afraid.

blueviolet said...

I bust out laughing at the paint story!

Sarah (Nikki) said...

We couldn't find the cat even after you told us....and then my youngest screamed....found it. Love the cartoon with the pants....thanks for another great smile.

Ann said...

I tried to find that darn cat but couldn't spot it. Once you pointed it out that it darn near jumped off the page at me.
That ball thing can drive you crazy, I've tried it before

Angela said...

I found the kitty! Yeah me! lol

Happy Fun Friday!
Angela

Mevely317 said...

Oh, that darn cat!!!! Thought that was gonna be the death of me for a while there ... LOL.
Wish I'd thought to enlarge the picture.
Love that cartoon about baggy pants. That "trend"(?) just drives me nuts; wonder if they realize how STUPID they look?

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

First, that cat has perfect camo! And, after reaching 107 today, we had a sprinkling of rain. Just about would have filled that coke top. =( And, I am STILL laughing over repaint, repaint, repaint! LOL! Thank you, Sandie! blessings ~ tanna

Belle said...

Loved the Golden Years poems and I finally clicked on that ball and turned it brown! I was very proud of myself.

Life 101 said...

Repaint --why I ought to ......:)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I found the cat also but had to enlarge the photo. I also laughed at the Texas rain gauge! Good funny Friday!
hugs,
Linda

Sweet Tea said...

LOL!! Loved 'em all, especially the old guys with their pants under their armpits!!

BTW, getting a good nap is GOOD NEWS. I have insomnia so any sleep is good sleep in my world!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I love the rain gage!
love
tweedles

Love Of Quilts said...

The poem, I don't love the fact thats it's so darn true....so who ever called them the golden years anyway....I'm already there and I can't call them golden.

The cat was camoed good but I found him easy enought when I enlarged the photo..I haven't tryed the ball yet...have a good week end. Trish

Annesphamily said...

I love the Golden Years poem(s)! Hee Hee! I know I feel like that a lot! Great post Sandie! Hug Anne

Sharon said...

For the record - yes, I think Debbie cheated...

I did not find the cat, and had trouble finding it even when you told us where it was - yes, I finally found it.

Then I FELT like a cat doing the crazy ball thing. No wonder cats go nuts playing with a ball of yarn. Where's my catnip?

Smokey Macgregor - OK, loved that it was about a Scottish guy - that's my roots, ya know! That story reminded me of the time that someone in my family once said that they learned about a bear with a physical handicap in Sunday School. "What are you talking about", they were asked. "We learned about Gladly the cross-eyed bear." (Gladly the cross I bear...)

I know - ouch.

The Golden Years???

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Carnations are pink,
But the Golden Years stink.

xo :)