(This is a great one!)
"It's not what you are, but what you don't become that hurts."
– Oscar Levant
Okay I am a dessert person and I can't really or shouldn't eat highly sugared food. So I'm looking for lower calories and less sugar - YET - something good to eat and to satisfy my sweet tooth.
So I am looking in the American Diabetes Cookbook for ideas. This will be our dessert for tonight!
Apple Crisp Parfait
This version of apple crisp takes on a new appearance with a light, flavorful topping.
3 cups peeled & sliced apples (about 3 medium apples)
1/3 cup old fashioned cooking oats
3 Tbsps brown sugar or the equivalent in artificial sweetener
2 Tbsps water
1 tsp cinnamon
4 oz fat-free vanilla yogurt, sweetened with artificial sweetener
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup fat-free whipped topping
- Mix apples, oats, brown sugar, water and cinnamon.
- Pour apple mixture in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking time.
- Depending on thickness of fruit, cooking time may be longer.
Calories: 149 g
Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Sodium: 26 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 35 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 24 g
Protein: 2 g
Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my shape to keep.
Please no wrinkles, Please no bags And please lift my butt before it sags.
Please no age spots, Please no gray and as for my belly, Please take it away.
Please keep me healthy, Please keep me young, and thank you Dear Lord, For all that you've done.
Five tips for a woman....
1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.
2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.
3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to You.
4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.
5. It is important that these four men don't know each other!! (Now I just got a HOOT out of that!)
Foot Note: One saggy boob said to the other saggy boob: "If we don't get some support soon, people will think we're nuts!"
Patricia at Homemade Quilts by Granny
Chatty Crone's Blog September GiveAway