"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

wednesday- Hump Day



If you need something to help you get past today you have to watch this. Linda B. sent it to me. And the guys are not bad on the eyes either. This WILL make you dance and clap - I promise.



Okay, now the music is going - if you can tear yourself away (LOL) here are just some beach shots from Mrytle Beach. Yes, it was cold - the first two days were best - the last one - rainy and cold.


The sand.

Sailboats to rent.
All sorts of things to rent - seats - umbrellas.

And of course you could pay $20 a piece for a banana boat ride.



The top layer of sand was so smooth but if you moved it and dug down - it was filled with all sorts of shells and critters.


Crown Reef - 3 buildings - we were in the middle building.


Loved the palm trees.
No, it is nothing like Panama or Daytona - especially for young adults - but it was perfect for us.




THOUGHT OF THE DAY:



Okay some boring pics today. Tomorrow people pictures.

x_3bb47313

22 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Enjoyed seeing the beach! Looked like the prefect time to go not hot. Have a good day.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I loved the video! I'm sending it to my olderest grandson as he'll enjoy it.

I've never been to Myrtle Beach ...it looks beautiful! I'd be beach combing for shells and seaglass if I were there.

Remington said...

Great shots! I would love to go there....

Cheri said...

Love Celtic Thunder...Looks like Myrtle Beach was pretty cloudy but still it is nice to get away and relax.

Nancy said...

Banana boat ride! Lol. I'll keep my comments to myself. ;)

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny Annie said...

You did a fantastic job of getting us over the hump on hump day. Love the "attitude" sign. Love the Celtic choir and not just for the great music. You're right, they are easy on the eyes and there seems to be a man for every season:)

Shug said...

Enjoyed seeing these wonderful beach photos...Would love to be there right now! Thanks for sharing!

Betty Manousos said...

i love beaches, and that one looks so lovely!
would love to be there right now... i so long for summer.

xo

MadSnapper said...

love the music. wish i was on that beach, it is my kind of beach, hardly any people.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those guys sound awesome. Love the beach pictures. Beautiful!!!

Lynn said...

Not boring at all. Happy hump day!

Liz Mays said...

Myrtle Beach isn't too far from my home. I want to make a run down there this summer!

Susan said...

Thanks for the photos, Sandie. Glad you got to go there.

Loved the musicians. Wonder who they were? Cute, too! ha! Susan

Debbie said...

Awesome pictures, happy hump day!!!

Betty said...

I guess it was warm enough for people to go in the water? Did you go in?

jeanlivingsimple said...

I lived in Myrtle Beach back in the early 70's. My "good old days".
Love the quote.
Hugs to you!

Debbie said...

Those weren't boring pics! I actually looked at them and decided that I needed a trip to the beach. I haven't been in a while, and it's only an hour away.

Now to watch the video so I can start my day dancing.

Debbie said...

OK, I'm back from watching, and I DID start clapping! That was great. Nothing surprised me more than the one who sings bass. I wasn't expecting that to come out of his mouth.

Alice said...

I definitely need the attitude sign today.

Catherine said...

This beach looks fantastic! Oh wonderful it would be to walk along the beach and enjoy the warm sunshine. The wind has been crazy here all week with cool temperatures. Well it's just all so frustrating. grrrrr!

Looks like you had fun with the grandkids ~ good for you!
xo Catherine

Annesphamily said...

First time I ever got out in the middle of an ocean was at Mrytle Beach! Sigh!Ah...the sweet memories. Love all the photos!