Stuff You Just Have to Know
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Bill Gates' first business was Traff-O-Data, a company that created machines which recorded the number of cars passing a given point on a road.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence "Oz."
And just in case you have a pressing need to call Antartica:
- The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672
Thank you Calamity Jane
Turkey works like Prozac! lol
What the turkeys learned for next year.
He forgot it wasn't Halloween???
Perspectives are funny things.
Hope you had a great one . . .
CHATTY AFTER THE THANKSGIVING MEAL AND BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!