1. What question do you often ask yourself?
Well you won't believe this - but I keep asking myself if my grandson should stay in private school or change back to public school. I pray about it ALL the time. The Christian school has so many more pros then the public school - but it's extremely hard with a LOT of work - that stresses ALL of us. BUT - the question is - would the public school have equal or more stress???? I could go on and on, but this is what I ask myself all the time = the past year at least.
2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
No, I don't grow roses. My favorite is the white with the cranberry color on the edges and the pink ones - oh yeah the peach colored ones too! Oh the ones that are roses and don't look like the typical rose - the ones that look a bit like carnations. I have been given a dozen roses before and a single rose which meant a lot at the time. And where is the prettiest rose garden - we have a place here called Gibbs Gardens and they are beautiful there. A rose is a rose is a rose - right?
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?
YES I always read the freshness dates. I will use the eggs a week or so past the date. I'll take medicine that has expired. Buy a dented can - I try not too. I do throw out a lot of food - and that makes me sad. And I don't like to eat left overs - lol. I am very careful about keeping a clean icebox!
4. Should athletes be role models?
Well let me say that I don't think athletes should be paid as much as they are - there are a lot of starving and needy people right here in this country that their money could go to - only saying... And YES, for that amount of money, I do think they should be exemplary role models!!!
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
I don't have any big aspirations like that - I never did. I hope to bring glory and honor to God - and end up in Heaven with my family and loved ones. Being a child of God.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?
I would make homes or apartments for children with special needs - maybe different tiers - you know - different levels. When parents die with special needs children - where do they go?
Or I would make a 3 year Christian rehab programs for addiction. They would have to commit to three years and it would have to be run by strong Christian Leadership.
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
7:15 pm I think it is fashionable be a little late.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
These were good questions today. Thanks Joyce for doing this. Well summer is here. My grandson is out of school and my daughter's last day of teaching - or work days, is tomorrow. So things will be changing here as I imagine a lot of others will be experiencing changes too. Does going into summer effect those without children - I have always wondered that?
“We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.”Martin Luther King