"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, June 16, 2014

I do have to give you an update...



You ALL have been so good to me.  There have been so many well wishes and love notes and other things I CAN NOT begin to thank you or even name everyone.  I wish I could.

I don't feel worthy of it all - and that makes me cry.  I am just so darn blessed.  I am blessed to know and believe in God, have a wonderful supportive family, and the best friends in the world.

I got good news today.  The margins were all clear.  The lymph glands were clear.  There was not another type of cancer in the breast it was all DCIS.  Which is a - and this sounds ridiculous - a good cancer - if there is anything good about cancer I have yet to find what it is -  I guess to thank God every day that you don't have it.  The nurse said they got it all - so I am taking that as good news.  There are other tests that have not come in that I will not know till next week - but for today I am thankful.

You know cancer is a formative foe - (as with other illnesses too).    It isn't just breast cancer.  It is stage - size - grade - what it is fed by - type of breast cancer - chemo or no chemo - radiation or no radiation - pills or no pills.   I mean the different knowledge you pick up is incredible!!  That is just for one cancer.  There are thousands I'm sure.

When I knew someone had cancer or some other illness before - sure I cared - a lot - but it is a lot different now!! Those people were warriors.  ALL illnesses are hard to go through and people in general are warriors.  I don't think I realized that before.  It does not just affect the person who is sick - it affects the entire family too.  Yours friends as well.

You learn a great many things.  I learned something very important.  When someone is sick and hurting I need to be a better friend - you guys taught me that.  I mean it.  I need to wake up and pay better attention.

SO THIS POST IS MY THANK YOU TO YOU!  



x_3bb45533 photo x_3bb45533.gif

THE LAUGH:


THE LIFT:

Thank you Denise.
This is a lot easier to say than to do.

The kids went to Florida this week and Disco is lost without them - but he has me!  




Girls get your yearly mammograms and guys get your girls to get there yearly mammogram.


Thanks Angela.